I had great difficulties with painting the feel of volume of the clouds. So I cheated with images of real clouds layered on top. Hiaz....will keep experimenting.
Things I realised (painfully)
- Take note the direction of the light
- There is keylight and also Fill/bounce light!
- Organise and Paint in Layers. e.g background clouds, midground, foreground.
- Colors of the clouds have to be consistent. I had too much contrast and color variation.
- Paint Loose.... I was too tight in my strokes..
- Know what you want! I could not decide the feel of the painting. I could not decide whether to paint realistic or painterly and the detail as well was a problem...
7.) Its all about lighting and shadows....
Until next time.