What I tell myself everyday.

To all the people watching, I can never ever thank you enough for the kindness to me, I'll think about it for the rest of my life. All I ask is one thing, and this is.. I'm asking this particularily of young people that watch: Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism - for the record it's my least favorite quality, it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen." - Conan 'O'Brien

October 5, 2007

TAG Blog: Cashing Out

TAG Blog: Cashing Out

Really good read.

This article got me thinking......

Sustaining in this industry can be really quite challenging and stressful. Especially locally. For those in their 30s and thinking of retirement, its well worth a read.

Even if you are just starting work in the industry and not so great pay. It could be time to plan a bit ahead.

an excerpt

"Now I've been in and around the 'toon business long enough to know that it ebbs and flows, that the $150,000 you make one year can drop to $50,000 (or less) the next, and there's often not a hell of a lot you can do about it. Your contacts dry up. The studio you've been counting on suddenly has half its normal quota of shows, and all of a sudden a secretary you don't know asks you to take a storyboard test.
It's at times like these that artists mutter: "Screw it. There's got to be something better."
"

Ok...... May not don't get that kind of money locally.. But then here standard of living not so high.